Covid-19 Secure Workplace Policy – A sign you can trust.
The Association of Reflexologists was established in 1984 and today it is the foremost aspirational and independent professional association for reflexology in the UK. The letters MAR after a reflexologists name identifies them as one of our members – a sign that they have met the strictest standards of reflexology practice, they are insured to practise and that they are committed to continually developing their skills and knowledge.
The Association of Reflexologists Covid-19 Secure Workplace Policy Logo is there to offer you assurance that your reflexologist is following Government guidelines and the AoR Covid-19 Secure Workplace Policy for working responsibly and safely during these unprecedented times.
We are all having to change the way we live but even with the adaptations our members will be making we remain confident that you will still receive a wonderful hands on treatment for improved wellbeing. This is a time when our emotional and physical health need some nurturing and support.
Why is Covid-19 such a concern?
Covid-19 appears to be a highly infectious virus and is thought to have spread to nearly every country in the world. Governments are particularly worried about this as it’s a new virus that appears to be unpredictable.
As we plan to navigate the roadmap to recovery you can be assured that AoR members displaying the above logo will be following all government guidelines and AoR Covid-19 Secure Workplace Policy to minimise risk of cross infection.
What does the AoR Covid-19 guidance include?
AoR Members will:
1. Work within their Governments Guidelines
2. Have prepared for and complied with the AoR Return to work document
3. Comply with the AoR Covid-19 Secure Hygiene Guidelines – details strict hygiene practices for the therapist. You can request to see a full copy from your therapist
4. Changes that will be made include the following:
As a client you will be required to:
1. Complete a risk assessment before each treatment. (Your therapist will contact you to complete this)
2. On arrival declare if anything has changed with your health or within your family unit
3. Wash your hands (or use hand sanitiser provided by the therapist) on arrival
4. You may be asked to bring and wear your own face covering. Your therapist will let you know before your treatment if this is the case
5. Bring your own bottle of water
6. Bring your own blanket (if requested by the reflexologist)
7. Inform your reflexologist if you develop symptoms of Covid-19
8. Arrange contactless payment if possible